When it comes to your teeth, waiting isn’t always a luxury you can afford. In that case, you’re likely considering same-day tooth crowns in Leonardtown and whether or not they’re worth it.
Here’s what you need to know to make the right decision for you!
What Are Tooth Crowns, and Why Would You Need One?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that covers a damaged, decayed, or weakened tooth. It’s custom made to resemble the shape and color of your natural teeth, providing strength, protection, and aesthetic improvement.
These innovative devices can be crafted from a variety of materials, including metal and porcelain, and are recommended for various situations. Common reasons you may require a crown are to cover a misshapen or discolored tooth, protect a weak tooth, or restore a broken or fractured tooth. They may also be used to support dental bridges or to cover dental implants.
What Are the Pros of Getting Same-Day Crowns?
Because crowns are used to restore your dental health, usually in the case of a broken or otherwise compromised tooth, it’s understandable that you can’t wait. Fortunately, it’s entirely possible to receive same-day treatment using CEREC crowns.
CEREC stands for chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics. These crowns are made out of a strong ceramic material and are designed, created, and fitted using computer-assisted technologies.
There are many benefits of choosing CEREC crowns, including but not limited to:
- Digital impressions: The CEREC method relies on advanced technology, such as digital impressions. This can be faster and more comfortable for patients compared to traditional molds.
- Money savings: Multiple appointments and temporary solutions can cost you more money in the long run, even if you have dental insurance. Choosing CEREC crowns may be more affordable.
- Precision and accuracy: Computer-assisted design and installment ensures precise, high-quality, and accurate fabrication of your crown. This helps to enhance the fit and longevity of your restoration.
- Reduced complications: Because you won’t need a temporary crown or to even go without temporary restoration entirely, this technique reduces the risk of sensitivity and similar complications.
- Efficiency: Traditional crowns, while still beneficial, require a waiting period while the prosthetic is fabricated. This means you’ll need more than one visit. CEREC crowns eliminate the need for a follow-up visit caused by the wait for fast, safe, and easy restoration.
Are There Cons to Same-Day Tooth Crowns in Leonardtown?
There aren’t many cons to choosing CEREC crowns, especially if you visit a reputable dentist who specializes in this time-saving technology. Two factors you should consider before pursuing this option are:
- Complexity: The CEREC camera used to capture your digital impression might not register complex issues, such as a tooth fracture that extends below your gum line. In this case, traditional techniques may be recommended instead.
- Material options: Traditional caps offer a broad range of materials, some of which are more suitable for certain cases than others. If strength is your concern, however, you won’t have to worry. The ceramic used for these crowns is reliable and sturdy, as well as able to resist abrasive materials.
Bottom line: It depends on individual preferences, as well as what your doctor recommends based on your unique circumstances. If you’re unsure which restorative treatment you should choose, make sure to consult with a trusted provider who offers this system.
Need a Same-Day Appointment for Dental Crowns? Dr. Joseph Luke and Dr. Jonathan Luke Are Here to Help You!
Our dentists are here to provide high-quality dental care in a timely manner, whether you require same-day tooth crowns in Leonardtown or schedule in advance for other procedures!
Call us today at 301-880-4439 to schedule your visit!