How do you know if you need to see a dentist right away for a toothache?
Does it indicate the need to see an emergency toothache dentist in California, Maryland, or can a toothache wait until your next cleaning?
What Makes a Toothache a Dental Emergency That Needs Immediate Care?
Most toothaches are not immediately life threatening but can become so if left untreated. If you are experiencing a life threatening or potentially life threatening dental emergency, call 911 immediately or head to the nearest hospital!
You need to see an emergency toothache dentist in California, Maryland right away when your toothache is non-life threatening but accompanied by:
- An abscess or infection
- Bleeding mouth or gums
- Broken or lost tooth, dental filling, or crown
- Sudden and/or severe tooth/mouth pain
- Swelling in or around the mouth
How Do I Find an Emergency Dentist?
To find the best provider, you need to factor in the following:
- Education: Credentials are very important when looking for an emergency dentist. Find out if your dentist has the proper qualifications.
- Experience: Some dentists don’t have a practice that is focused on treating emergencies. Finding a dental office that has extensive experience treating emergencies is key.
- Reviews: When prior patients are singing praises, you’ve found the right place. Word-of-mouth referrals and online reviews are great tools in helping you find the right dentist.
- Pricing: Insurance may help cover costs, but toothache treatment can be expensive. Find out how much treatment will cost beforehand. If you don’t have insurance, ask for the office’s fee schedule.
Find the Best Emergency Toothache Dentist in California, Maryland Here at Our Southern Maryland Family and Prosthodontics Dental Office
With years of experience and extra education, our dentists are always prepared for dental emergencies.
Call us at 301-880-4439 to book a same-day appointment for urgent dental care needs!